- Contract research
- Easy Access IP licensing for existing intellectual property
- Easy access research agreements for frontier research contracts
- Joint ventures to jointly commercialise technology (partner invests capital + UNSW invests IP and know-how)
- Venture capital investment in staff/student start-ups and UNSW spinoff companies
- Flagship investment or development opportunities for Phase Two construction and management
- Sponsor the UNSW China Start-Up Games
- Mentor teams of student start-ups
- Sponsor a leading Scientia Fellow to spend time working with your company
- Undergraduate internship program - source our graduates to work in your business to embed our technology and capabilities in your business
Why work with us
We’re trusted partners with industry, government and the community – a catalyst for change, committed to making a difference.
With an impressive track record for innovation we are well-positioned to help businesses and share our research resources.
We believe that by sharing knowledge, working together and developing mutually rewarding partnerships, we can improve the impact of research and help create a better future.
Benefits for investors/affiliates
- Establish footprint in major top 50 research intensive university including access to world-class researchers and facilities
- Gain strategic access to Australian R&D community and wider marketplace
- Consolidate development of China’s technology companies as leading global players
- Priority access to UNSW’s Easy Access IP database of ‘free’ technologies
- Potentially free IP rights to all research commissioned under Easy Access Research agreements
- Support R&D output through training PhD students through flagship Torch at UNSW Scholarship Program
- Opportunity for investors and entrepreneurs to leverage the Australian Government’s new Entrepreneur Visa Subclass under the Commonwealth’s new National Innovation & Science Agenda
- Pathways to Australian permanent residency for research students supported by companies studying in the science, technology, engineering, mathematics and ICT fields have also been enhanced under the Commonwealth’s National Innovation & Science Agenda